Town of Easton Latest News
Town of Easton and School Committee 'Minutes on Demand'
Visit ECAT for Live and recorded Easton events! (Catch recordings of all regularly scheduled School Committee meetings here!)
Get your ticket for OA's
"Addams Family" Musical
Orientation at Center, Moreau Hall, and Parkview Schools
March 13th at 7:00 pm
(check back for registration dates)
Registration at Center, Moreau Hall, and Parkview Schools
March 21, 2018
9:30am - 2:30pm
Follow OA Science Teachers Helen van Riel, Michelle Marro and
Maria Annunziato as they write about
their adventure with OA students
on their Dominican Republic trip
Second graders learn to swim through
a "Water Wise" session at the YMCA in Easton.
"Water Wise" is a drowning prevention program
offered to elementary school students.
School Committee voted in favor
of Dr. Cabral's recommendation
to appoint Chris Getchell as the
Principal of Richardson Olmsted School!
Congratulations Mr. Getchell!!!
Two former OA grads performed with
Justin Timberlake at the Superbowl Half Time Show!!
Leon Silva Jr. and Kevin Williams
check out the article
Congrats to seniors Rachel Han and Karsten Mohn
for receiving the National School Development
Council Award for Academic Growth
& Student Leadership in Learning!
School Committee voted to approve
School Calendar for 2018-2019
The Boston Globe Scholastic Art Competition MA results are in!!
Check out the awesome art work by the OA Art Department students!!
14 Gold Keys and 12 Silver Keys!
The most received in one year along with 1 honorable mention!!!
Congrats to all!!!
Richardson Olmsted's Winter Concert
The Draft of the proposed MA History and Social Studies
Frameworks is now open to public comment until April 2nd.
Click here to view the draft
Check out the offerings for parents and children in the winter edition of
Easton Community University
Winter is upon us and the Flu season is in full swing.
Read how to take action to prevent the flu, the symptoms and treatment
from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
Moreau Hall School had a special visit from author Kate Hanscom
Janice Narsasian and Lou Ann Falls
Present: "Practice Speaking, Writing and Understanding..."
See posters below in: Bengali, Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and English
Contact Lou Ann Falls at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-238-1074
Classes: January 23, 30, February 6, 13, 27 and March 6
Center School Library
388 Depot Street
South Easton, MA
Presentations to the School Committee on December 7th:
MCAS Assessment & Accountability Results Spring 2017
Oliver Ames High School 2017 MCAS Analysis
Easton Middle School & Richardson Olmsted School MCAS Presentation
Thank you to
Easton Wings of Hope
for the generous donation
for the purpose of developing,
interpreting and reporting
on the upcoming Youth Survey
for the middle and high school students
Easton votes in favor of
appropriation of 1 million dollars
for the Feasibility Study
for the MSBA
Center School project
click here to read the article in the Journal
Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA)
invited Easton into the Eligibility Phase
for possibly construction to Center School
Please click here to read some Frequently Asked Questions
School Planning Committee
Information about the Center School Feasibility Study
- The Easton School District is currently in the Eligibility phase for the Center School Building Project through the Massachusetts School Building Authority. This is the first phase of a multi-year process to secure MSBA funding for a School Building Project.
- The condition of Easton’s three primary schools continues to deteriorate. The buildings themselves are old, in need of serious repairs, and do not meet the demanding program requirements of a twenty-first century education.
- The invitation to participate in the MSBA program is an extraordinary opportunity for our community. The ability to secure millions of dollars in funding from the State for such a large capital project reduces the cost burden on Easton’s taxpayers. Since 2011, Easton has submitted a Statement of Interest for each of our primary schools to the MSBA. This was the first year any of the schools was invited to participate in the Eligibility Phase of the process.
- The MSBA rules allowed Easton to identify two building design options and two site options:
- Building Design Options
- Center School design which will meet the educational needs of the projected Center School population
- District-wide design which will meet the educational needs of the projected entire town-wide pre-K through 2 population
- Site Options
- Current Center School property
- Current Parkview School property
- Building Design Options
- In May of 2017, Town Meeting transferred $1 million dollars from the Avalon Bay mitigation payments to capital stabilization funds with the intent of accessing these funds for the feasibility study before us this fall.
- The Board of Selectmen, the School Committee, the Finance Committee, and the Budget Subcommittee all support using the Avalon mitigation money for school based projects.
- The $1 million dollars will fund the feasibility study and schematic design phase for the Center School Project.
- This funding will allow the Town to: form the Project Team, document our educational program, develop and evaluate alternative design solutions, submit a preliminary design program to the MSBA, and develop a final design program and schematic design which will delineate the scope, budget and schedule of the proposed project.
Raptor Technologies Frequently Asked Questions
2017-2018 School Improvement Plans
as approved by the School Committee
Oliver Ames High School
Easton Middle School
Richardson Olmsted School
Center, Moreau Hall and Parkview Schools
2018 School Budget